Trade Finance Guide:A Quick Reference for U.S. Exporters
Learn the fundamentals of trade finance so you can turn your export opportunities into actual sales—and get paid on time.
Doing business internationally comes with unique risks. Knowing how to manage those challenges is the key to being a successful exporter. Wing it and you risk non-payment or delayed payment by foreign buyers, along with repercussions due to not understanding how political risk and cultural differences influence sales.
This guide provides general information about common techniques of export finance. It’s a concise, easy-to-understand way for small and medium-sized exporters in the U.S. to learn the most effective ways to get paid from their foreign customers.
In this whitepaper, you’ll learn about:
- Methods of payment in international trade, including cash-in-advance, letters of credit, documentary collections, open account and consignment.
- Export working capital financing.
- Government-guaranteed export working capital loan programs.
- Export credit insurance.
- Export factoring.
- Government-assisted foreign buyer financing.
- Government-backed agricultural export financing.
- Foreign exchange risk management.
- And more!
Get started now by downloading this free whitepaper.
Like what you see? Share Shipping Solutions now.