Strategies for Exporting to Canada
Learn about tax rates, tax recovery and the compliance requirements you need to understand to succeed in this market.
Exporting to Canada is an obvious choice for companies looking to grow their international sales in a lower-risk market (it’s one of the top export destinations for U.S. companies). But there are challenges to be aware of before getting started, and, even if you’ve been exporting to Canada for decades, ways to make it a more lucrative market.
During this free one-hour webinar, Richard Barrett, head of compliance at VAT IT, will explain challenges around the Goods and Services Tax (GST), the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) and other provincial sales taxes, and how companies can maximize GST/HST recovery. He’ll also explain the rules businesses must be aware of to ensure compliance.
What You Will Learn
- The basics of GST, HST and provincial sales tax.
- About the Canadian import process.
- About tax rates and tax recovery.
- The differences between B2B and B2C supplies.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone responsible for export operations.
- Trade compliance specialists.
- International/global logistics personnel.
- Directors of global distribution.
Like what you see? Share Shipping Solutions now.