We understand completing export documents can be tedious and often high-pressure. Here’s a U.S. - Australia Certificate of Origin that should help get you through this shipment. It’s just one export form of dozens that are beautifully printed and completed with Shipping Solutions®.
What is a U.S. - Australia Certificate of Origin?
For the U.S. – Australia Free Trade Agreement, the importer, not the exporter, is required to make a claim of preferential tariff treatment under the FTA on the basis that the goods originate in the U.S. However, the importer or Australian Customs may ask you to provide information to support a claim of preferential treatment.
Key Data Elements
An Australia Certificate of Origin should include:
- The name and contact information for the exporter, importer and producer of the goods;
- A description of the goods, including the six-digit Harmonized System or Schedule B code;
- The preference criteria used to qualify goods under the FTA;
- If you are the producer of the goods;
- If you used the Net Cost accounting method to determine the origin of the goods;
- The country of origin of the goods; and
- The signature and contact information of the person certifying that the goods qualify under the Australia FTA.
If you are tired of trying to assemble your export documents manually, we’d love to introduce you to an easier way. With Shipping Solutions, you can complete these documents five times faster. And they’ll be more accurate, too. Give it a try.